Solar Power One is an American company using American made products, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois that specializes in solar energy and energy-saving services.
Growing rapidly with over 1500+ employees we have branched outside of Illinois and currently operate in all 50 states.
Solar Power-One is a renewable energy company that provides high-quality American-made solar panels as part of a complete energy-savings package for residential customers in all 50 states. The continued growth of the business provides exciting opportunities for employment. The growth of our business provides continued opportunities for employment.
Solar Power One is an Elite Solar Company that is working towards Building A Global Renewable Energy Generation Program Serving All Sectors.
We strive to hire the most driven employees to help keep the movement toward becoming the #1 top Solar Company in the U.S.!
Come join our Team at Solar Power-One, and let’s help our planet recover from the current disaster together!
Are you ready to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing renewable energy company?
Solar Power-One is seeking permit coordinators to efficiently gather and submit any and all specified plans and applications that a local building department might require to permit the design of solar panels system. It is the responsibility of the permit coordinator to keep the installation ready flow consistent so that the installation crews will have jobs to install.
- Organize time efficiently each day to maximize resources
- Ask questions when unclear about a process or policy
- Take pride in a job well done as well as accountability for mistakes
- Work with other departments to facilitate a positive work atmosphere
- Follow up with old cases and emailing appropriate departments to move the account forward in the permitting process
- Document any changes in job cases or status a minimum of two times per week
- Neatly gather and submit all paperwork as required of the building departments
- Represent the company in a professional and friendly manner
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance wearing business casual clothing or company-specific apparel
- Use meetings as a time to share ideas and participate in feedback
- Drive or mail permits packets to local municipals to drive a 0 queue each day
- Pick up any permits submitted immediately following the specified turnaround time
- Maintain checkbook and credit card transactions for each job/account
2+ years of previous office or clerical experience
Must be self-motivated as well as thrive in a team environment
Ability to manage workflow while multitasking
Excellent customer service skills required
Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Regular, reliable and predictable attendance required
Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
Basic computer skills
Attend weekly webinars or departmental calls
Ability to communicate with different departments efficiently with no less than a
24-hour turnaround time
Must submit all designs finished by the design team with in a 24-hour turnaround time
Maintain expense reports for daily transactions and submit weekly for checks and monthly for all credit card transactions.
Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background and drug screen
Must have a clean driving record, valid state driver’s license
Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Business Casual office attire
Benefits include health, dental, vision, short term disability, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, accident insurance, flex spending accounts, sick time and paid time off after 60 days of service
This job operates in an office environment with business casual dress code. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Occasional travel may be required.
Solar Power One, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.